Contact Bliss Travel Service to Learn More! 480-725-8837
Are you thinking of visiting Munich? Munich is the city of traditional Biergarten, biggest beer festival and the land of Lederhosen. There are plenty of things that you can do in Munich, from seeing historical places to exploring the park. In this write-up, we have highlighted some of the top things to do in Munich. Read further to know what things you can do to enjoy your stay.
1. The best place to visit in Munich is the Marienplatz. It is central square in the heart of Munich where the New Town Hall of Munich is located. The tower of the New Town Hall houses the Glockenspiel, has a beautiful clock that is 100 years old. You can even explore city’s historic buildings, churches, and many landmarks.
2. One of the most popular things to do in Munich is attending the Oktoberfest. It is the biggest drinking festival in the world. The first Oktoberfest was held in October 1810. It was to celebrate the wedding of Prince Ludwig of Bavaria and Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. The celebration was so successful that they did it every year. Now it is celebrated in September to suit the harvest.
If you can plan ahead, you will have to make a reservation for the most popular times. However, you can go without a reservation at off-times. The off-times are on weekdays before noon. The ground will be available for wandering at any time. There are total 14 main beer tents that you can select from. The most popular among the tourist is the Hofbrau tent.
3) The English Garden is the largest park of Munich that is bigger than Central Park in New York. The green space is a great place to explore. You can rent a boat, stroll near the forested paths or you can watch German surfing. Another thing that you can do is visit the traditional beer garden.
4) Another thing you shoulddo when in Munich is to visit the German Museum. it is situated on an island in the River Isar. This river goes through the center of the Munich city center. It is a must visit place because it is the oldest and largest technology and science museums. The museum has a huge assortment of historic artifacts. You can see the first automobile, first electric dynamo along with an exhibition on transportation, printing, and mining.
5) Visiting the concentration camp of Dachau is a top touristy thing to do. It was the first concentration camps in Nazi Germany. It served as a model for all other camps in Third Reich. The tourists have to follow the path of prisoners. They have to walk the way prisoners were forced to walk. You can see the barracks, prisoner baths, crematorium, and courtyards. There is a wider collection of exhibits and numerous memorials.
Overall, Munich is a great place for tourists to visit and have a great time. You can go see some of the most historical places and buildings. I recommend Munich to my clients as a wonderful pre or post cruise option for their Danube river cruise. What things do you think is best to do in Munich? Let us know in the comments below.
Bliss Travel Service - a travel agency specializing in cruises, all-inclusive vacations, honeymoons, weddings, group travel
#BlissTravelService #travelagent #munichvacation #oktoberfest #danuberivercruise #europeanrivercruise #munichrivercruise
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Dominique Barba, CTIE, ECC, TAE