Does your child want to cruise with SpongeBob SquarePants or Dora the Explorer? Norwegian cruise line redesigned their children and teen programs in 2012. So if you have not sailed with them as a family recently, you are in for a big surprise. On five of NCL’s ships, Nickelodeon at Sea is available year-round. It features; breakfast with characters such as SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora the Explorer, Dora’s Dance Party, meet-and-greet with the characters, Story Time with Dora, family trivia, and arts-and-crafts sessions. If that is not enough to keep your budding explorer entertained, check out these features on the line’s newest ship, the Norwegian Breakaway:
• AquaPark has five multisensory slides, two swimming pools, four hot tubs and water features
• The three-story sports complex offers a suspended ropes course, nine-hole mini golf, a basketball court, rock-climbing wall, bungee trampoline, and a spider web climbing cage
• Splash Academy spans two decks and is adjacent to the family-friendly staterooms
• Cirque du Jour program teaches kids and teens age-appropriate circus activities such as juggling or clowning.
• Fireworks on every cruise
• Five different kids clubs with specific facilities and activities geared for each age group
I personally sailed on NCL’s Pride of America this month. This is a smaller ship than the Breakaway that only sails the Hawaiian islands. Although I did not have my kids with me, I inspected the kids clubs and observed the mood of the children on board. There were not a lot of children on board since it was September and school was in session. But the ones that were there, were having a great time! One particular night we were in the buffet and a group of ‘tweens’ came in with costumes and oversized sunglasses and sang and danced with BIG smiles on their faces. Have questions about services for families on board? Email or call and I would be happy to help you out.
Bliss Travel Service - a travel agency specializing in cruises, all-inclusive vacations, honeymoons, weddings, group travel
#NorwegianCruiseFamilies #NCLforFamilies #BlissTravelService
Dominique Barba, CTC, ECC